Charter of Patients' Rights
This charter is based on high human values and based on Islamic and Iranian culture and on the basis of equal inherent dignity of all recipients of health services and with the aim of maintaining, promoting and strengthening the human relationship between providers and recipients of health services.
The first axis: the optimal receipt of health services is the patient's right.
The provision of health services should be such that:
• Be worthy of human dignity and respect for values, cultural and religious beliefs.
Be based on honesty, fairness, politeness and kindness.
• Be free from any discrimination including ethnic, cultural, religious, disease and gender.
Be based on current knowledge.
• Be based on the superiority of the patient's interests.
• Distribution of health resources based on justice and patients' treatment priorities.
• Be based on the coordination of care elements including prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
• With the provision of all basic and essential welfare facilities and away from the imposition of pain and unnecessary restrictions.
• Pay special attention to the rights of vulnerable groups in society, including children, pregnant women, the elderly, the mentally ill, prisoners, the mentally and physically disabled, and the homeless.
• Be patient as soon as possible and with respect to time.
• Considering variables such as language, age and gender of service recipients.
The second axis: information should be provided to the patient in a desirable and sufficient manner.
The content of the information should include the following:
• The provisions of the Charter of Patients' Rights at the time of admission
• Predictable criteria and costs of the hospital, including medical and non-medical services, insurance criteria and introduction of support systems at the time of admission
• The name, responsibility and professional rank of the members of the medical department responsible for providing care, including physicians, nurses and students, and their professional relationship with each other
• Diagnostic and therapeutic methods and the strengths and weaknesses of each method and its possible complications, diagnosis, prognosis and its complications, as well as all the information influencing the patient's decision-making process.
• How to access the treating physician and key members of the medical team during treatment
• All actions that have a research nature
• Provide essential training to continue treatment
How to provide information should be as follows:
• Information should be provided at the appropriate time and in accordance with the patient's condition, including anxiety, pain and personal characteristics, including language, education and comprehension, unless:
• Delay in starting treatment by providing the above information can cause harm to the patient. (In this case, the transfer of information after the necessary action must be done at the first appropriate time.)
• The patient, despite being aware of the right to receive information, refuses to do so, in which case the patient's wishes must be respected, unless the patient's lack of information puts him or her or others at serious risk.
• The patient can access all the images of the information recorded in his clinical file and receive it and request the correction of the errors contained in it.
Axis 3: The patient's right to freely choose and decide on receiving health services must be respected.
The scope of selection and decision-making is as follows:
• Selection of the treating physician and the center providing health services within the framework of the criteria
• Selection and consultation of the second physician as a consultant
Participating or not participating in biological research, ensuring that his decision does not affect the continuity and manner of receiving health services.
Accept or reject the proposed treatment after being aware of the possible side effects of accepting or rejecting it, except in cases of suicide or in cases where refusing to treat another person is in serious danger.
• Announcing the patient's previous opinion about future treatment measures when the patient has the capacity to make decisions and as a guide to medical measures in the absence of decision-making capacity in accordance with legal standards, health care providers and decision-makers replace the patient To take.
Selection and decision conditions include the following:
•The patient's choice and decision should be free and informed, based on receiving sufficient and comprehensive information (mentioned in paragraph 2).
• After providing information, the patient should be given enough time to make decisions and choices.
Axis 4: The provision of health services should be based on respect for patient privacy and the principle of confidentiality.
• It is mandatory to observe the principle of confidentiality regarding all information about the patient, except in cases where the law has excluded it.
• Patient privacy must be respected at all stages of care, including diagnosis and treatment. For this purpose, it is necessary to provide all the necessary facilities to ensure the privacy of the patient.
• Only the patient and group therapy and authorized persons on behalf of the patient and persons who are considered authorized by law can access the information.
• The patient has the right to be accompanied by a trusted person in the diagnostic process, including examinations. Accompanying one of the child's parents in all stages of treatment is the child's right, unless it is against medical necessity.
Axis 5: Access to an efficient grievance redressal system.
• Every patient has the right to complain to the competent authorities in the event of a violation of their rights, which is the subject of this charter, without compromising the quality of health services.
• Patients have the right to be informed about the procedure and the outcome of their complaint.
• Damage caused by the error of health care providers should be compensated as soon as possible after review and proof in accordance with the regulations.
You can contact us through the smart system of Milad Hospital